Monday, February 4, 2008

Happy at Chappy's

So a few weeks ago, I started working at Chappy's Deli... which I happen to love. I work Mon-Friday 7am-2pm. Yes, the 7am is tough at times, only when people are hanging out and I have to go to sleep. We all know how hard it is for me to be responsible when I could be hanging out! But, I have done surprisingly well with this whole going to bed early deal.
So my favorite employee at Chappy's would have to be Sam, the dishwasher. While scrapping nasty half eaten food in the trash can, he noticed my tattoo and asked what it meant. I said Yahweh and he followed with "so I am assuming you are a Christian". To be quite honest, while I said "yes" with what seemed to be no hesitation, there definitely was hesitation... I often find myself fearful of what others view "Christians" as. But that's another story...
He told me he was too, and then says "But, I sin a lot".
Last time I checked, we all did. This led into a wonderful conversation of how beautiful grace is and how thankful we are that we know grace instead of karma.
All in the Chappy's kitchen.

No comments: