Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My new obsession...

... is Juliana Tokyo.
There is nothing like the volcano roll and I find myself eating there at least once a week these days.

But, on to more important things. I have been thinking about friendships a lot lately. Maybe its because one of my best friends is leaving in two weeks, who knows. But, I have been trying to pinpoint what it means, for me, to consider someone my friend. I think that I have narrowed it down to this: Experiencing life together. Sure there are random people that I see every couple of years that I may say are my "friend", but my true friends are those that if someone asked what they were up to, I would KNOW without a doubt a pretty accurate description on what there life consists of... not just some broad rendition. I hope that I never lose any of those friends that are in my life right now... the ones that I experience life with. I pray that never changes. Even if they are half a world away.

Talked to Ocean tonight. He cried and told me he was waiting patiently for my return to Hong Kong. I cannot put into words what that kid does to my heart...

No comments: