Thursday, February 14, 2008

Ripple Effect

Whether we decide to pay for the next car's coffee in the Starbucks line, flick someone off that pulled out in front of us, choose to support a friend moving to China or decide not to call that person back... we affect those around us. Sometimes in great ways, sometimes in minute ways. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. It amazes me though how much effect we have on those around us.
Since B is leaving for China very shortly, I have noticed this a lot because I have been taken back by how much affect he has had on this place, on these people. The words that we speak, the lives that we live... are being watched by those around us and they WILL have an affect... we just determine what kind. I pray that I can leave a mark on a city like Biscuet has left here. Let us live our lives in such ways that bring people to know Christ, that cause people to see Jesus in us, that remind people that Christ in us means LOVE flows out of us.
I believe that if we live reminded constantly that the way we live affects the world around us, we would live differently.

No comments: