Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Urgency.

Why is it more difficult to talk to our friends, family, co-workers, you fill in the blank, about Jesus than with a complete stranger? So many of us go on "mission trips" and live life so differently for those few days. We actually live as though it is our responsibility to tell those we meet about the Lord. We actually believe that it is our reason for being there. Isn't that true here? Now?

If I lived my life as though it was MY responsibility to make sure that each person I came in contact with experienced Jesus because of our interaction... oh how life would be different. I want to live that way. I want to live as though that is my sole purpose of being here in Cambridge right now sitting next to the guy I am sitting next to... or live as though my very purpose of working at Chappy's is to give my co-workers a glimpse of my Creator... or have conversations with my friends that remind them that He is the ONLY way. I want to live with more urgency to tell others, ALL others, around me that my God is Mighty to Save.

As I write this, I mean it. I really do want this. But, I wrote in my journal just a few moments ago that "my wants, desires, do not line up with my actions". I say I want this, I say I want to love all people, I say I want to glorify Him in every thing that I do, but my actions reflect otherwise. Reminds me of something...
"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate to do I do." --Romans 7:15

No comments: